Fizzing bath bombs – they are so easy to make and all you need are a few ingredients from around the kitchen.
Fizzing bath bombs obviously get their name from the fact that when they hit the water, they fizz.
These are great rainy day projects, great for mother’s day presents and really good if you just want to hang out at home and have a great bath time routine.
The first thing to do is to gather up a few ingredients from the kitchen.
- ½ cup of Epsom salts – Epsom salts have magnesium and they’re really really good for helping soothe your muscles.
- ½ cup of Corn flour or cornstarch
- 1 cup of bicarb soda
- 1 cup of Citric acid
Bicarb Soda and Citric acid are the most important ingredients. They’re going to be what causes the reaction in the water
- A couple drops of essential oil – I’m using Bergamot
- Food coloring
- Some sparkles or glitter for a bit of fun
- 1 .5 tsp of olive oil mixed with 1.5 tsp of water to add moisture to the mixture
- Bath bomb mold – (I’m using a little sugar cup here).
- Take all your dry ingredients (Epsom salts, citric acid, and bicarb soda) and mix them together in a bowl using a whisk
- Take this mixture of water, olive oil, and a little bit of essential oils and start to drizzle that in really quickly, You want to do this really softly because you don’t want the mixture to start to fizz just yet
- Get all the moisture around to get the desired consistency (like a wet sand mixture).
- Add the food coloring
- Now add sparkles or glitter
- Finish the mixing and grab the molds and start to pack it in really tightly. Let them sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Voila! Your bath bombs are now ready.
Bath bombs are a really fun and a simple exercise to do at home. And they’re really good for your skin.
Bicarb soda softens the skin and Epsom salts are really good for helping ease your muscles and they make great presents!
I hope you enjoyed this video.
Did you make a bath bomb? Please show me your photos in the comments!