I was looking at my growing collection of essential oils and was thinking of different ways I can use them. Considering all of those air fresheners on the market are full of chemicals, I decided it was time to try and make my own Natural DIY Air Freshener.
It was honestly so simple and I just used an old steel air freshener container that I had around the house.
If you want to read more about how I decided which essential oils to use for the blend then click here. You’ll notice that I put ‘notes’ next to each essential oil below – which I explain in that article.
Natural DIY Air Freshener Ingredients
- 1 x 8oz Stainless Steel or Glass Bottle
- 4 oz Vodka (I used Tito’s)
- 4 oz Water
- 20 drops Cedarwood (Base Note)
- 20 drops Eucalyptus (Middle Note)
- 8 drops Peppermint (Middle Note)
- 8 drops Citrus Bliss (Middle Note)
- 4 drops Lemongrass (Top Note)
- Combine all ingredients in an 8oz spray bottle.
- Shake gently.
- Spray into air or directly onto surfaces or fabrics. I haven’t seen any oil spots on the fabrics, so it should be safe on fabrics.
Vodka helps the smell stay longer in the air, but if your nose is sensitive to Vodka, then you can use a 60 / 40 ratio of Vodka and water or you can use Witch Hazel.
You can get creative with blending different essential oils to create your own natural DIY air freshener. Just follow this natural perfume mixing guide when deciding which essential oils to blend.
This has been a real hit at home. Go on, try it!
Lindsey is the author of A Life Well-Balanced, a lifestyle blog dedicated to helping people live a more balanced life – physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.